Monday, 31 August 2015

Landscapes of Spain.Summertime. Girl on the beach.



R201508
Recuerde que haciendo click en la foto se ve a mayor tamaño

Saturday, 29 August 2015

Fotografía Escaleras en el Palacio Cibeles. Landscapes of Spain. Architecture. Stairs. Cibeles Palace

El centro Cibeles contiene diferentes tipos de escaleras como corresponde a un edificio renovado completamente. He aquí una pequeña muestra de escaleras antiguas y modernas que se pueden fotografiar a lo largo de la visita al mismo




Un siglo separa los dos grandes proyectos arquitectónicos que marcan la vida de este edificio. Telón de fondo de la ciudad e inseparable compañero de su diosa más conocida, el centenario palacio fue ideado a principios del siglo XX como sede de Correos. Los arquitectos Antonio Palacios y Joaquín Otamendi ganaron el concurso convocado por el Estado en 1904 con una propuesta monumental que unía tradición y modernidad. Proyectaron un edificio eminentemente funcionalista que ensalzaba, tanto la trascendencia de los servicios que se iban a prestar, como su localización privilegiada: un terreno que había albergado los antiguos jardines de recreo de El Buen Retiro, ubicado en el cruce de los dos principales ejes neurálgicos de la ciudad. Las obras dieron comienzo a finales de 1907 y duraron 12 años. 12.207 m2 construidos en piedra, hierro y cristal, que se inauguraron oficialmente el 14 de marzo de 1919.






R201105
Recuerde que haciendo click en la foto se ve a mayor tamaño

Fotografía. Castilla. Vía de tren. Landscapes of Spain. Railroad track, Castilla. On the road, from the train



R201507
Recuerde que haciendo click en la foto se ve a mayor tamaño

Fotografía Vistas de la Ciudad Universitaria desde el Faro de la Moncloa


Vista de algunos de los edificios más representativos de la Ciudad Universitaria de Madrid tomados con la cámara desde el Faro de la Moncloa


El plan del conjunto quedó trazado en 1929, siendo su director el arquitecto Modesto López Otero, quien concibió la Ciudad Universitaria como un todo unitario, estructurado orgánicamente sobre la base de las distintas disciplinas que la definían, así como por aquellas otras que la gestionaban y hacían de lamisma una agrupación urbana autónoma. Tres son así los grandes elementos que configuraban el proyecto universitario: los puramente académicos o facultades, que formaban, a su vez, grupos autonómicamente localizados enf unción de su especialidad,
como los científico-médico, el de Bellas Artes; los de gestión político-administrativa y de representación, rectorado, paraninfo,biblioteca,y los elementos residenciales de esparcimiento, residencias para profesores, colegios mayores para el alumnado, pistas deportivas. 

En (google translate)
View some of the most representative buildings of the University City of Madrid taken with the camera from the Faro de la MoncloaCampus MoncloaThe whole plan was drawn in 1929, and its principal architect Modesto Lopez Otero, who conceived the University City as a unitary whole, organically structured on the basis of the different disciplines that defined, as well as any others that were managing and lamisma made autonomous urban group. Three elements are so large that shaped the university project: the purely academic or colleges, who were, in turn, localized groups autonomously ENF anointing of his specialty,as the scientist-physician, the Fine Arts; the political-administrative management and representation, rectory, auditorium, library, and residential elements of recreation, residences for teachers colleges for students, sports courts.





R201506
Recuerde que haciendo click en la foto se ve a mayor tamaño

Friday, 28 August 2015

A tourist in New York City with photo camera. Central Park


El lago del Central Park sirve de espejo para los rascacielos de la ciudad de Nueva York









Central Park is an urban park in the central part of the borough of Manhattan, New York City. It was initially opened in 1857, on 778 acres (315 ha) of city-owned land, later expanding to its current size of 843 acres (341 ha).
In 1858, soon-to-be famed national landscapers and architects, Frederick Law Olmsted and Calvert Vaux, won a design competition to improve and expand the park with a plan they titled the "Greensward Plan". Construction began the same year, continued during the American Civil War further south, and was completed in 1873. It was designated a National Historic Landmark (listed by the U.S. Department of the Interior and administered by the National Park Service) in 1962. The Park was managed for decades by the New York City Department of Recreation and Parks and is currently managed by the Central Park Conservancy under contract with the municipal government in a public-private partnership.

 

Lakes

Central Park is home to seven bodies of water, all artificial. The main lake is the Jacqueline Kennedy Onassis Reservoir, so named since 1994. Its construction lasted from 1858 to 1862. Covering an area of 42.9 hectares (106 acres) between 86th and 96th Streets, the reservoir reaches a depth of more than 40 feet (12 m) in places and contains about 1 billion US gallons (3.8 billion litres) of water.The Reservoir is best known to New Yorkers for the jogging track around it. The Reservoir is by far the largest lake in Central Park, surpassing the other three artificial lakes.
The Ramble and Lake south of the Great Lawn covers nearly 7.3 hectares (18 acres). Built on a former swamp, it was designed by Olmsted and Vaux to accommodate boats in the summer and ice skaters in winter. The Lake was opened to skaters in December 1858, while the rest of the park was still under construction. At the northern end of the park, at 110th Street, the Harlem Meer, named in honor of one of the first communities in the region, covers nearly 4.5 hectares (11 acres). A wooded area surrounded by oak, cypress, and beech trees, it was built after the completion of the southern portion of the park. Harlem Meer also allows visitors to fish, provided that they release the fish later. In the southeast corner is the Pond, with an area of 1.4 hectares (3.5 acres). The Pond is located near one of the busiest entrances to Central Park and is under sea level, which helps mitigate the different sounds of the city, and create a startling atmosphere of calm in the heart of New York.

R201506
Recuerde que haciendo click en la foto se ve a mayor tamaño



Wednesday, 26 August 2015

Fotografía. El invitado. Photography and word. The guest.






R201508
Recuerde que haciendo click en la foto se ve a mayor tamaño

Museo Evaristo Valle Gijón. Fotografía, tesis y arquitectura. Valle' Museum Gijón. Architecture, history and photos.



Este post actualiza uno anterior con datos sobre este bonito y poco conocido Museo Evaristo Valle ( pintor) situado en Gijón ( Somió).
Este pintor está considerado por la crítica como el más importante de Asturias en el siglo XX. Sus colores, los hombres y mujeres que pinta, sus paisajes se valora como representación auténtica de Asturias.
Pues bien, por pura casualidad, he encontrado dos publicaciones sobre este artista y esta propiedad ( edificio y gran jardín)

Una hace referencia al artista y es una tesis doctoral que incluye numerosas reproducciones de cuadros de Valle.

Tiene una parte interesante que nos narra la vida del artista y nos informa como era en ese tiempo Asturias.
Como anécdota curiosa obsérvese que vendió en 1925 un cuadro en tres mil pts cantidad bastante elevada para la época.

Y la segunda estudia la arquitectura del edificio y su jardín, posiblemente una de los más bonitos de  Asturias.

Museo Evaristo Valle. Memoria Histórica. (Consejería de Educación. Principado de Asturias 2015).

La Fundación Museo Evaristo Valle se localiza en el barrio de La  Redonda de Somió, concejo de Gijón. La propiedad, conocida desde el  último tercio del siglo XIX como La Redonda, está situada a unos 2 Km  del casco urbano, y para acceder a ella es preciso llegar a la plaza de  Villamanín, bien a través de la carretera Gijón Alto del Infanzón  (tomando el desvío hacia la avenida de Dionisio Cifuentes y la calle  Juan Valdés Cores) o desde La Guía, siguiendo la calle Profesor Pérez  Pimentel. De Villamanín parte el denominado camino de Cabueñes, vía  que nos sitúa frente al acceso principal del museo.
 
Desde luego es un paseo que merece la pena


.................Los jardines, que fueron transformando su carácter rústico desde mediados del siglo XIX, deben su especial fisionomía actual –mezcla de jardinería francesa e inglesa- tanto a William Perlington Mc Alister, vicecónsul de Inglaterra en Gijón, que adquiriría la finca en 1885, como a las posteriores modificaciones que introdujo José María Rodríguez, marido de la fundadora, al convertirla en su residencia en 1914.
...................Los jardines del Museo Evaristo Valle, con una extensión de 16.000 metros cuadrados, con más de 120 especies diferentes de árboles y arbustos en su mayoría centenarios, muchos de ellos únicos en los jardines públicos españoles y en los que predominan ejemplares centenarios de extrañas y ancestrales podas, conservan todo el carácter y el encanto de la época, estando presente en ellos elementos decorativos y ornamentales que existían ya en los primeros años del siglo: bancos, veladores, fuentes, estatuas, etc., a los que se han incorporado de acuerdo con su nuevo uso, más de medio centenar de esculturas contemporáneas, siendo además marco de conciertos, exposiciones y otras actividades culturales y educativas.
























En (google translate)

This updates a previous post data on this nice little known Evaristo Valle Museum.
This painter is considered by critics as the most important of Asturias in the twentieth century. Their colors, men and women painting, landscapes are valued as authentic representation of Asturias.
Well, by chance, I found two publications about this place.

One refers to the artist and is a doctoral thesis which includes numerous reproductions of paintings Valley.

Evaristo Valle (1873-1951) Confluencias between his paintings and his writing

And the second studies the architecture of the building and its garden, possibly one of the most beautiful of Asturias.


Evaristo Valle Museum. Historical Memory. (Department of Education. Asturias 2015).


The Evaristo Valle Foundation Museum is located in the La Redonda Somió, council of Gijón. The property, known since the last third of the nineteenth century as La Redonda is located about 2 km from the village, and to access it is necessary to reach Villamanín Square, right across the road to Alto del Infanzón Gijon ( taking the road towards Avenue and Calle Dionisio Cifuentes Juan Valdes Cores) or from the guide, following the street Professor Pérez Pimentel. Villamanín part of the so-called road Cabueñes, via which puts us in front of the main entrance of the
museum.

It is certainly a walk worth
Evaristo Valle Museum
................. The gardens, which were transforming their rustic character from the mid-nineteenth century, owe their special physiognomy current -mixture French gardening and inglesa- both Perlington William Mc Alister, vice consul of England in Gijon, would acquire the property in 1885, as subsequent amendments introduced by Jose Maria Rodriguez, husband of the founder, to make it his residence in 1914.
................... The gardens of the Museum Evaristo Valley, with an area of ​​16,000 square meters, with over 120 different species of trees and shrubs mostly centenarians, many of them unique in the Spanish public gardens and ancient trees predominate strange and ancestral pruning, retain all the character and charm of the era, decorative and ornamental elements that existed in the early years of the century being present in them: banks, candles, fountains, statues, etc., which are incorporated in accordance with its new use, more than fifty contemporary sculptures, and is also
part of concerts, exhibitions and other cultural and educational activities.


R200908

Recuerde que haciendo click en las fotos se ven a mayor tamaño